Sunday, August 12, 2007

Why this blog? An introduction.

I watch a lot of movies. A while back, I thought I ought to start a little notebook to keep track of any thoughts I had after watching a movie, and a record of what movies I watched. I never did, but I wish I had about 300 movies ago. Better late than never. Here's a little blog with some non-profound insights from a shallow movie watcher.

I read somewhere lately that we have an abundance of culture with too little reflection of what we consume. I am guilty. Like shoving down a gourmet meal, I watch movie after movie. Maybe this blog will help me with my digestion. If you like it, drop me a line.

I'll use a simple rating system.
Four stars: This was great! Definitely a movie I'll watch again.
Three stars: I liked this movie a lot and would recommend it to friends.
Two stars: Not a complete waste of time, but not great.
One star: Used the fast forward key a lot and/or fell asleep. Don't waste your time.

Eventually maybe I'll figure out how to dress up my posts a bit. In the meantime, words are worth 1/1000th of a picture, right?

No comments: