Monday, October 31, 2011

Rubber

Just in time for Halloween, here's a new horror movie out on DVD.  I'm not a big horror fan, but when I saw the preview for Rubber, I knew I had to see it.  Now that I've seen it, I realize it's a funny idea that's perfect for a spoof preview, but in this case it doesn't flesh out into a decent movie.
The police confront the suspected killer.
The star of Rubber is Robert, the tire.  Yes, he's a tire who somehow becomes sentient, and somehow gains telekinetic destructive powers.  He moves from bottles to small animals to people.  The movie tries to be sort of artsy and innovative by putting an audience in the movie and then sort of involving them in the story itself.  That part doesn't work.  The story doesn't work.  It's not even that funny.  I was thinking it might be funny bad like Attack of the Killer Tomatoes or something, but it was just bad.

Bottom line, 1/2 star.

No comments: